Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh, hello.

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I've never really been good at introductions and never really know quite what to say. So, rather than boring you with things you probably don't care about I'll just get right to the punch. This blog is dedicated to well, my life. My life adventures and journey.
My thinking when creating it was to capture and share my experiences as I start a new chapter in my life. What better way to do that than through writing. I've always enjoyed writing and was that weird girl in your English class that would silently cheer whenever the teacher would assign an essay or research paper. I know. You don't have to say anything, I know what you're thinking. "What? You're so weird!" Yeah yeah I've heard it all. But none the less, writing and photography are the best ways that I have found to express my thoughts.
I recently graduated from high school about three months ago. And can I just say that whoever said that your high school years are some of the best, was obviously lying. Because needless to say, high school was not exactly what I would call "a blast". Granted I had some really good times, many laughs, and unforgettable memories. However, it's definitely something I would not want to repeat if given the option. I spent most of my class time day dreaming about the time when I would finally be able to leave my small town of Highland, Utah and move on to bigger and better things. And well, that time has finally come. While I am a little bit nervous as to what will become of my life, I have never been more excited to take on a new adventure.

In exactly one week from today I will be leaving what is also referred to as "Happy Valley" and flying to the busy streets of New York City. Where I will be living for the next four months. I plan on working to save up money for college (BYU-Idaho) which I will be attending in January of 2012. This is where the whole "cross contamination" idea comes in. It's usually a term used in the culinary arts which refers to what happens when bacteria from one food item is transferred to another item. Well it's the same type of idea, I'm moving from my home here in Utah to New York and transferring my culture to my environment there. Then, after my four months I will take what I learned and picked up in NYC to the small town of Rexburg, Idaho. Makes sense right? Okay so it might be a bit of a stretch but whatever. It's the best name my sister and I could come up with.

Anyway,for someone who says they're not good at introductions this has sure turned into a long one. So I will end it by saying I'm excited to share this new chapter of my life with you and hope you will enjoy it as much as I know I will. I have never been so ready. New York City here I come!

much love, ciara.

No comments:

Post a Comment