Monday, September 5, 2011

One down, fifteen to go.

Wow. Where to begin. This has been such a wild week. I've been in the city for a little over a week now, and it has been go go go ever since I stepped foot onto these dirty streets. Let me break it down for you.

Bright and early Wednesday morning is when I finally arrived, the flight was great, yada yada. But what wasn't so great was trying to drag my 50 pound duffle bag off the baggage claim and haul it outside where I was waiting for the car service to pick me up. I literally thought I was going to die carrying that thing. Anyway, the car arrived and the barley english speaking driver drove me to my apartment building. Now, to fill you in... at this point I already had two baby sitting jobs lined up for that day and the next. So from the time I got to my apartment to the time I had to leave to babysit, I had about three hours. And ever since then it's been crazy. Within 72 hours of being in the city I had already watched 6 kids, from 3 different families, and been in 4 different apartments. Yeah. Crazy. By this time, I've lost track and have given up counting how many kids, families and/or jobs I've had. I know this was the whole point of me coming out here was to work and earn money, I just didn't realize how much I'd be working! I was supposed to have an interview at Abercrombie (right across the street) this Friday but decided not to go because with everything going on I don't even have time in my schedule for another part-time job. I never thought having too much to do would ever be a problem...

Now for the exciting news... a couple of days ago I was contacted and asked if I'd be interested in a part-time Nannying job for the month of September for a socialite who lives on the Upper East Side. And so far, so good.

I'm grateful for these experiences and opportunities I've already been able to have while here in New York. And it's only the beginning. This is the busiest I have been in over six months, but I think it's good for me. I'm looking forward to what these next few months will bring. One week down, fifteen more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment