Tuesday, March 27, 2012

new york, i love you.

Today I couldn't help but think about how much I miss the city. For soo many different reasons. After being there for four months, and then coming to Rexburg has been quite the adjustment and it just hasn't been the same.  

I feel like new york city is the only place where I can really be myself and have it bring out the best in me. It just feels like home to me. But I think what I miss the most is, being surrounded by so many creative and interesting people, the buildings and architecture, the busyness and noise, being so independent and being able to do your own thing however you want with out anyone judging you, always discovering something new and never having a dull moment, but most of all, walking down the streets feeling like I know exactly what I want to do with my life.  

I've had fun looking at some pictures today from my time there and taking a little stroll down memory lane.

reminisce with me... 


1. Watching the prep of the Wollman Rink
2. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Times Square
3. Cute little carousal in Dumbo, Brooklyn. 
4. Watching the sunset over the Jersey Shore. 


1. South Street Seaport. 
2. Walking home and watched the Freedom Tower light up on the night of 9/11. 
3. Oh, just the neighbors.. 
4. Such a looong walk across. 



 1. City Hall Park fountain.
2. My little friend Daisy, miss her. 
3. My home away from home on Park Avenue. 
4. New York Palace (!)


1. The views while babysitting never got old. 
2. Man on the subway wearing a BYU Cougars hat, little does he know...
3. On the set of the Today Show. 
4. My Upper East Side baby, CiCi <3


1. Rockefeller Center on my last day in the city. 
2. Daily walk through Central Park... those fall leaves were my absolute favorite. 
3. The skyline on Christmas Eve. 
4. The Today Show. Still feels surreal. 


Waking up and looking out my window at the Brooklyn Bridge every morning seriously never got old.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment